Saturday, November 22, 2008

What lives behind the refrigerator?

OK, it's that time again. Family is coming for dinner, so I have to REALLY clean my house. It got neglected this summer when we were camping every weekend, so it's long overdue. When I pulled out the fridge, Olivia made that "EEEEWWWWW!" sound, and all I could do was nod in agreement. I guess I held out some prayer that the cleaning fairies would come in my sleep, but since that didn't happen, I'll thank God that I'm able to do it myself.

We had a good week. On Tuesday, we were blessed to be given tickets to see the Rockette show at the Civic Center, which was really good. Robin and I went to see Kim on Thursday and we were thrilled to see her fighting spirit. Please continue to keep this family in your prayers.

Next Thursday, my Dad and Brother and his family will come for dinner at noon. In our family, it's known as the earliest, fastest dinner in Thanksgiving history, as Cristy always has to go to her inlaws for another dinner in the PM. Olivia gets to pick the desert, and she's picked a frozen oreo pie (big surprise). They'll all be gone by 4 and then we'll look at all the ads and Olivia makes her Christmas list for Santa to give to him at the parade on Friday. I wonder how many more years of believing we'll have.

I hope all of you have a wonderful holiday!

No comments: