Sunday, November 9, 2008

Long Time Reader, First Time Blogger



OK, so I'm a copycat. I've loved reading a blog of a friend who moved away (thanks, Christy!) and since I have serious over-commitment issues, (Olivia asked this week, "Mom, why do you sign up for everything?!") this is a quick way to keep everyone up to date with our lives.

We are enjoying a somewhat down weekend, our first in a long, long time. We camped almost every weekend between Memorial Day and November, so it's almost wierd being home. I worked most of the week at the Book Fair at Olivia's school, (where I caught a cold), so I've been trying to recuperate while doing somethings at home. I really needed these "snuggle buggle in bed, pajamas, no-hair, no-makeup days to rejuvenate. After practice for the Christmas program at church yesterday morning, Olivia and I spent the rest of the day scrapbooking and watching movies while doing the laundry. One of the movies I can recommend is "Martian Child" with John Cusack, a good movie about letting a child to be themselves.

It's been a year with a few trials, but we have so much to be thankful for. We got a new puppy in January, promptly named Tinkerbell, (who just turned one this week!), and she has become a treasured member of the family. We bought a camper and have it permanently parked at a local campground, and spent most of the summer weekends there. Although I had reservations about the expense, Olivia had a great time and so it was worth it. She spent alot of time in the great outdoors, and she became a really good swimmer. Now she's in the second grade, she's a Brownie girl scout (guess who's the troop leader??) and excited about life. She's my greatest gift.

I'll post as often as I can and hope you enjoy hearing about our adventures in life. Please keep our family in your prayers and let us know how we can pray for you!
















2 comments:

Christy said...

Hi!
Fun! So glad you are doing this. It helps to stay connected.
Can I put a link to your blog on mine??
Happy Tuesday!
Christy

Debbie said...

That would be great, Christy. Thanks!!