Saturday, November 15, 2008

A rough 24 hours...

Remember how I said in an earlier post that I'm trying to take life's negatives and turn them into positives? When you pray for your faith to be stronger, you're likely to have that tested. Yesterday, I found out that my friend, Kim, is sick. Really sick. After that moment of shock and devastation, the obvious question follows... Why? Why is this happening to her? Why is this happening to her family? Her children? Kim is a devoted mother, one of the best I know. She's a good friend, and her light as a child of God shines brightly for all too see. Faith doesn't keep me from asking the questions, but it does comfort me in my worry and fear. Please pray for my friend, Kim, and for her family, that they will have strength in the tough days ahead.

After getting this terrible news, I began to feel sick and by 5 pm last night, my body was at full war with some horrible virus. After a very LONG night, I'm feeling better and have started the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast). So hopefully, it was just some 24 hour bug, but it was one of the worst bouts of flu I've ever had! Olivia just had her flu shot on Tuesday, I sure hope she doesn't get it. She was my best girl taking care of me last night. What a good girl she is.

So it's been a long 24 hours at our house. Perhaps my body just physically reacting to my broken heart.

No comments: