Sunday, April 5, 2009

Opening the Camper







We spent Friday night at the camper. Got it cleaned out and all the totes unpacked. It was a chilly night, so we ran the furnace. EVERY hour or so, the fan made a VERY loud and obnoxious noise, so it was like a fire alarm going off! Laf can sleep thru it, and Olivia even did a few times, but it was a very LONG night for me! Saturday brought some sunshine with temps in the upper 50's. I walked the entire campground (exercise is supposed to be a priority for me), and got a chance to say hi to some of the other seasonal campers.

Olivia learned to ride her bike! I knew that she was getting big enough that this should be pretty easy, but she just didn't have much interest in learning last year. I can remember as a kid that you learned to ride a bike early because that's what everyone did...ride their bikes around! But we don't have alot of places here for her to ride, so it's never been a priority. So yesterday she really wanted to try, and once I gave her a push, she took right off!!! Stopping and starting was a little rusty, and we took one good spill that skinned her knee (I know, she needs her helmet on!) But she was pretty pleased with herself for doing as well as she did. I told her that if she kept practicing and got better, she could pick out a new bike for her birthday.

We spent the rest of the afternoon just sitting in the sun. It still was chilly, so we had a fire going. I actually got a sunburn! Our friends Christina and Hannah came out and we roasted wienies on the fire for a simple supper before coming back home. The weather didn't look good for today and we had early church (but mostly I didn't want to hear that furnace again all night!)
We're hoping the weather is good for the Easter weekend. Lots of pics to come!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Sounds so fun! Waiting for the snow to recede in the mountains here so we can camp too!!