Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sick and Tired of being Sick and Tired













Hello everyone, happy post Valentine's Day to you! February has brought some warmer days to central Illinois, along with the hope of winter's end. The groundhog at our local zoo did not see his shadow, so I'm hoping for 70's by March (Hey, I can hope, can't I?) I'll fill you in on our activites the last couple weeks.

Unfortunately, I still have my chest cold. I finished one round of antibiotics, with no real progress, so the doc assumes it's viral. I had a chest x-ray that came back clear, after some drama, of course. I had the x-ray on Monday afternoon and they called me at home on Monday evening and asked me to come in first thing Tuesday for more x-rays. Of course, I got a little freaked out and then after 10 x-rays on Tues morning, I was even more freaked out!! But, thankfully, everything is fine. But that doesn't explain this tiresome cough!!! I've gone thru two bottles of cough medicine, bags of cough drops, and a bottle of mucinex, but no effect. With Nyquil I'm finally sleeping thru the night, so that's a praise. I hope by my next post, I'm cold free! I did talk to Dad who's also had a bad chest cold, but he is better. I haven't been around him, so don't blame me!!

We have been needing new living room furniture for a while now, and had intended to get it with our tax refund. We even had a set picked out at American Furniture. But then Laf got laid off and we started second guessing that we shouldn't spend the money. Last Sunday, Laf came charging up the stairs with the Sunday paper more excited than a kid on Christmas. American was offering a free flat screen TV with furniture purchase. So, as every good American should right now :>) we went out and stimulated the economy with some of our tax refund. We got a reclining sofa and loveseat. Chocolate colored, microfibre material (for spill happy children). You can really tell how BAD your old furniture is when you sit on new furniture!! We're very happy with it, and Laf loves his new TV (since he's been spending alot of time watching TV, I guess that's important to him!) Of course, he's being completely anal about getting the new furniture getting dirty and wont allow food or drinks in the living room (which lasted about 5 minutes).

Olivia got her mid-term report card and she brought up that math grade to a "B"!!! Good job, Livvy! If she keeps it up, she'll make the honor roll for this quarter, which has eluded her with that "C" in math all year. She had her Valentine's party at school on Friday, which seems to be as big a hit with the kids since I was in grade school. She also got a new Webkinz for Valentine's Day, a gecko she named Jack (after our real leopard gecko named Jack). President Obama came to Peoria on Thursday, and she cried when she found out we couldn't go and see him, but she waved toward the skies when Air Force One took off. (Too bad we couldn't actually see the plane).

Like I said, the weather has improved. It was 65 degrees Tuesday, and there was snow on the ground Saturday, so you just never know in Illinois.

Am sending prayers out to Kim, who was hospitalized for her chemo treatment this week. Also to our family friend, Joe, who broke his arm this week and needs surgery. Also praying for a friend, Sarah, who's marriage is in trouble, and for all those facing job losses. Laf's yet had no job prospects.

Until next time,
Deb

1 comment:

Christy said...

Way to go on the grades, Olivia! The kids send their thank yous for the Valentines, especially Kindrid!!