Sunday, December 7, 2008

Whew! The long week is over...

The first week in December is always a busy one for us. On Thursday night we had the Christmas concert at Olivia's school. "Nana and Papa" Kurtz went with us. It's always really cute to watch the kids. Do you believe I don't have a photo?? I forgot my camera, but someone might send me one that I'll post later.

Friday I spent the afternoon at the church decorating for the children's Christmas play, "The Gift". Here's a link to some photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/richwoodschristianchurch/sets/72157610698045945/.
It was amazing! The kids did such a great job and Mrs. Anderson always writes a wonderful story! Olivia was an angel named "Eleora", assigned to the CECT team in heaven (The Cosmic Events Creative Team). It was a hoot!

Saturday was the Santa Breakfast at Olivia's school. Olivia got to tell Santa her list (although she was pretty sure this guy just works for the real Santa), and we won a bike in the raffle! Olivia had play date in the afternoon, which gave me a chance to go out and finish up most of my shopping. I was looking for a Wii Fit but didn't find any. The Clerk at Walmart said they hadn't had any in a month. I checked online and didn't have any luck there either, but after a couple of other purchases online, I can say that I'm officially done shopping!! Woo-hoo! (Olivia just saw a "Baby Alive" doll on TV that learns to poddy train and sings "pee pee on the poddy!". I saw Olivia open her mouth to ask for it and said "No!")

I've been baking cookies for the freezer, trying to get everything done before Thursday. Finishing up the last paper for my class and laundry is all I'm going to fit in today. I think I'll sleep all next weekend!

Please keep Kim and family in your continued prayers. Also my friend, Penny, who's brother in law lost his battle with cancer this week. Please pray for my friend, Annette, so far from home and family this holiday. And if you have any prayers left, keep me in mind on Thursday!

I'll probably peck out a post next weekend, just to let you know how I'm doing!

Deb

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Olivia was a cute angel. Here's our blog: rotramels.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

Tell Olivia- she is more than welcome to come to my house and potty train Emily, then she would NEVER want a that baby alive thing! lol